Selling Online Courses and Memberships
Log in to your YSOB Site
- Open your web browser and log in to youre YSOB website.
- Enter your username and password that have been sent to you via email.
Now let’s create a product in WooCommerce.
- Navigate to PRODUCTS > ADD NEW
- Fill in the appropriate information for your product (see WooCommerce’s guide on adding products)
- Scroll down to the Product data section
- Next to the Simple Product dropdown menu, check the box for Virtual
- Open the Simple Product dropdown menu and choose Course
- Next to Related Courses, click on the course you’d like to associate with this product
- Be sure to publish or update your product when you’re finished
You can bundle multiple courses and sell them with a single WooCommerce product. Hold down the
SHIFT key when selecting courses from the list.
When adding five or more courses to a single product, course enrollment process is done in the background and you will need to set up a cron job. To set up a cron job please follow these steps.
After your product is set up in WooCommerce, you’ll need to make a few adjustments to your LearnDash course.
- Navigate to LEARNDASH LMS > COURSES
- Click on the course that corresponds with a WooCommerce product
- Click the Settings tab at the top
- Under Course Access Settings, look for Access Mode
- Set this to Closed
- In the Button URL field, enter the URL to your WooCommerce product page
Now when people visit your course page, the “Take this Course” button will send them to the corresponding WooCommerce product page, where they can add the product to their cart & complete the checkout process.